The Newbury Community Resource Centre ltd. (NCRC)
Charity No. 1082243
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Any damage or fault found on items purchased from the Community Furniture Project must be reported to us within 24 hours of receipt. A refund will only be given if the goods are found to be faulty.
- If the customer changes their mind on receipt of the goods, the goods will be returned to the site from which they were purchased and a credit note issued less £15 handling charge (£10 for customers eligible for discount). If the goods have not left CFP, then a refund will be issued less a £5 administration charge
- The responsibility is with the purchaser to ensure that the goods purchased will fit into their property. In the event of goods not being able to be delivered into the property because they will not fit, they will be returned to CFP and a credit note issued less £15 handling charge (£10 for customer eligible for discount). If requested and signed for by the customer, we will leave goods outside the property.
- 2. Our van crew will make all efforts to deliver the items inside the property and place them in the room requested by the customer. Where it proves impossible to do so due to restricted access our van crew will ensure that the item is left in a safe position.
- If we are unable to deliver the items, due to the customer not being available when we arrive, then the goods will be returned to CFP and held in our warehouse for a period of two days. We will contact the customer by phone and advise that if the customer does not organise a redelivery within this timescale, then the goods will be put out for sale. The customer will be entitled to a refund, less £15 restocking charge (£10 for customer eligible for discount). If a redelivery is arranged, there is a £15 charge (£10 for customer eligible for discount). If a redelivery is arranged and once again the customer is not available, then the goods will be returned to CFP and put on sale. The customer will be entitled to a cash refund less a £30 restocking and administration charge (£20 for customer eligible for discount). We will only redeliver to a property once.
- 4. Goods purchased at the discounted rate will only be delivered to the address stated on the document supplied to prove eligibility to the reduced rate. Delivery to an alternative address will only be undertaken if proof that the customer is moving into the new premises is provided.
Collection by Customer
- Where the customer opts to collect the purchased goods, this must be undertaken within two working days of purchase. If items are not collected a storage charge of £15 per day will be levied (£10 for customer eligible for discount). Items not collected within four working days will be put back on sale and a refund will be issued less £15 restocking charge (£10 for customer eligible for discount) and accumulated storage charges.
These are in addition to your statutory rights.
- White goods, electrical items and bikes are guaranteed for a period of six months, as long as they have been installed correctly, used in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and have not suffered accidental damage. If a customer chooses to transport the goods themselves, they risk negating the guarantee; any damage which occurs in transit will not be covered by the guarantee.
- If an electric item or bike is faulty within the guarantee period, we will endeavour to repair the fault. If the item is deemed to be not repairable, then a replacement item of a similar standard will be provided. The guarantee on the replacement will run from the time the original item or bike was purchased. Any refunds will be at the discretion of the CFP.
- If we are asked to check out a fault within the guarantee period, and there is no fault on the item, we reserve the right to make a service charge. These charges will be rounded up to the nearest hour and will be a minimum of one hour.