HELP US TO LOOK AFTER THE
Join our team of volunteers and help to carry out practical conservation work and general upkeep of the river Lambourn and its banks as it passes through Newbury.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
The Volunteer Group meets every Thursday morning from 10am-12am at the Riverside Community Centre at Rosemoor Gardens in Newbury. No previous experience is required and all equipment is provided. You can take part in river cleaning, wildlife conservation, and restoration of all surrounding areas of our valuable piece of natural beauty.
Contact us if you’d like to join our friendly team of volunteers.
Our volunteer group has been busy with practical conservation and maintenance tasks, co-ordinated by our Volunteer Coordinator.
Here are just some of the activities that you could help with:
- Cutting back vegetation and restoring the footpath
- Litter picking – in the river and on the bank
- Restoring habitats in the river through the use of faggots and mattresses
- Maintaining a wildflower meadow next to the river
- Sanding and oiling benches by the riverside